6 SIMPLE TIPS TO DETOX AND BE HAPPIER
Updated: Apr 2
Let's talk detoxing - I'm not talking your wonderful liver and kidneys. I'm talking social media.
Social media can be a toxic place, especially when you are feeling low, struggling with negative body image and are comparing yourself to other people's 'highlight reel' or "beach bod goals".
Here are some top tips and gentle reminders to help keep you happier online when it comes to social media:
1. Remember that social media is someone's highlight reel - don't believe everything you see on socials, people only share what they want you to see. There could have been 821 other photos before that "perfect one" was uploaded.
2. Follow people with a diverse range of body shapes and sizes and who have bodies similar to yours. 'bikini goals' are ok, but they are likely to make you feel worse about your body image if you are struggling. We are all different and all beautiful.
3. Remember that often "models "don't even look like themselves (oh, hello facetune!)
4. Set a "phone free" hour each day, use this time to focus on something you enjoy doing without the need to check socials or update your stories. That burrito picture can wait ;)
5. Then, before you go to bed, put your phone down at least 1 hour before you go to sleep to allow your body chance to unwind and settle in for the night. Too much blue light can interfere with your body's circadian rhythm; the natural sleep and wake cycle.
6. Finally, follow social media accounts who light you up, are interesting and who make you feel good <3
If you're in need of some more support, you can join a community of like-minded humans at Your Food Freedom Community Facebook group.
Sending you so much love,